It’s not often that I don’t post something about baking, but I figured it was about time I gave the more student-y among us some suggestions of easy quick and cheap dinner ideas.
This is a really tasty dish, that contains things that you should mostly already already have in a store cupboard, and is pretty hard to mess up, you can also add and take away things you don’t like, which is the beauty of this dish.
- Pack of chicken
- Half a ring of Chorizo
- 1 onion, diced – personally I use red, but white will do just as well
- ~250g mushrooms, halved and sliced – I use chestnut, but again, most will do
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 150g olives, sliced – less if you don’t like olives
- 2x 390g cartons of Italian seasoned chopped tomatoes
- 100ml chicken stock, made with one stock cube
- a large tin of new potatoes (~350g), cubed
- Pepper and herbs, to taste
- Fry the chicken and chorizo until golden, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Fry onions until transparent, then add mushrooms, and finally garlic.
- Add olives, tomatoes and potatoes, then return chicken and chorizo to the pan.
- Add stock and season to taste.
- Cover and simmer for around 15mins, until the chicken is tender.
- Serve with bread if it’s a bit sloppy.
If you have a suggestion of what I should make next, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a comment. Liked this post and want more? Check out all the Cooking With Dru posts.