Again, the recipe for these muffins came from Sainsbury’s Online. They say to make them as mini-muffins, but since these are for me, I made them in normal size cake-cases, which gave me around 18 muffins.
I think what makes these especially good, is that they can be made with oil instead of milk or butter, which helps me with my various dietary restrictions. They stayed really moist and rose really well. Personally I could have done with a more banana-y taste, but Dark thought they were fine.
- 250g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 75g porridge oats
- 3 medium eggs
- 175 caster sugar
- 250ml sunflour oil
- 2 ripe bananas, lightly mashed
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c/356°f/Gasmark 4, and line a muffin tray with paper cases.
- Smush Bananas.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder, then stir in the oats.
- Beat together the eggs, oil and sugar.
- Mix the wet ingredients together with the dry ingredients and spoon into cake cases.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
If you have a suggestion of what I should make next, send an email to email@example.com, or leave a comment. Liked this post and want more? Check out all the Cooking With Dru posts.